Oh my god, I didn't believe I would make it in time. I had a BLAST with this challenge, but my main project (I did three) took up a tremendous amount of time, I needed some supplies for it and couldn't get them and so and so on. Sunday I really thought I wouldn't finish it. I had something else ready by then, but that wasn't THE idea I wanted to show to the world *lol*.
I decorated a tin. Yes, a tin, again not a card, I know, but I've had the idea for this tin in my head since last summer and I just had to make it now, it wouldn't let me go. I also made a card, just to show I can, even if it's a simple one. You can find it somewhere dooooown there after all those pictures of the tin and it's many details.
Crazy, isn't it? And you are probably wondering what is punched on there... the big flowers. No, really ;o)
I started out punching 40 big and 30 middle sized retro flowers.
Afterwards I inked every single one of them up to give it more color and depth. On some of them I used a very subtle shade, which is hard to make out on the picture.
That was the easy part. Afterwards each of the little piles of punched flowers was transformed into one flower... jup, 70 blossoms, 10 flowers, I tell you that nearly killed me and my fingers (crumpling 70 blossoms, 5 petals each, HURTS). I put them together mostly like shown in the great video tutorial by Rach (made some slight changes) shimmered them up with some golden and pearl pigment and added seed beads as a centre. Voilà. I love them.
During this project I fell soooo in love with my Pinflair Glue Gel. Don't know if Simon Says Stamp stores it, but if they don't yet they should really consider it, it's the most awesome glue ever.
So here is a list of materials I used for this: Light olive paper, sheer olive fabric (the sort you usually use to make lamps), satin ribbon in middle green and olive, flower soft in Christmas Green, some grass stuff from QVC Germany, several artificial plants, moss covered "stone", colored crafting paper, Distress Ink, Memento Inks, seed beads, mulberry grass leaves, white index card paper and Prismacolor pencils.
The stamps are all from Manolia's Pet & Animal collection.
I think that's it.
My second project is a lot more simple. I altered a calendar as a present for a friend of mine some months ago. Since I showed this one in the Just Gorjuss forum back then I am not going to submit it for this challenge, it's just on the picture to show the whole set.
The card and and storage tin are both new, just a little cat hair infected *sigh*. Those little devils are everywhere spreading their hair *lol*
My camera screwed up on the coloring... again. I'll get a new, much better camera in a couple of months. I am so looking forward to it.
That's it. Now I ask everyone reading this to keep their fingers crossed for me ;o)