Dienstag, 22. März 2011

Spring is here - WoJ GDT Call



It time for the bi-monthly GDT Call over at Whiff of Joy once again and I am trying once again *lol*.
I knew right away I wanted to use this stamp when the call came on and I coloured this cutie in the very same afternoon, but then my muse left me completely. Originally I wanted to do a card, but I just couldn't come up with anything and then yesterday my rescue appeared when I saw this little tutorial over at Bine's blog.
I finished the lamp itself last night and left the decorating for today. The tree took up most of the time I spent on doing that ^___^, but lets just say me and these rolled flowers... no, we won't ever see eye to eye. We pretty much despise each other. After I tried for the uptenth time to get it right and the flower just didn't want to stay rolled and stick together I gave up and used plain white printing paper. This was pretty compliant, thanks God. And because it was I could make the flowers much smaller than I first though possible. After they dried I used some Glimmer Mist to solve the white-problem and in the end they turned out just fine, but oh what a pain in the ass they were.

Now that the cramps in my left hand from holding these devil flowers have subsided, I have come to quite like my little lamp. I might even keep it for myself, which I don't do all that often, as you already might have noticed if you've been following my blog for a while.

Anyway, I have a recipe to go with this lamp:

Stamps: Whiff of Joy & Magnolia
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa & Bamboo Leaves
Cardstock: Vanilla and Ligh Olive, I think both are Rayher, but since I picked them up on the local craft store, I am not all that sure. Not Bazzill though. White cardstock for the image
Other paper stuff: White printer paper and 1,5mm chipboard for the tree
Coloring: Copics

Dies & Punches: Whiff of Joy Grass Die, Tim Holz Branch Tree Die, Leone Em Floral Punch "New Ash Family"
Other: Glimmer Mist "Yellow Daisy"

Challenges I am going to submit this to besides the GDT Call:

Steckenpferdchen Challenge - Frühling/Spring

PaperPlay - Embossing (the acetate is embossed)

Stempelträume
- Frühlingsfarben / Spring Colours

Kreative Stempelfreunde - Frühling/Spring

Stamp with fun - Frühling/Spring

Kommentare:

  1. Oh mein Gott, Heike! Die Laterne ist ja der absolute Traum!!! Hab Bienes Workshop auch schon gesehen und gedacht, dass mußt Du unbedingt versuchen *ggg*
    Aber Deine ist mal wieder perfekt und einfach wunderwunderschön! Dann drück ich Dir mal ganz fest die Daumen, dass es mit dem GDT klappt!
    Wie hast Du denn die Blätter gemacht? Alle einzeln von Hand geschnitten? Oder gibts dafür ne Stanze?
    Jedenfalls verstehe ich voll und ganz, dass Du sie für Dich behalten willst... Sie ist soooo schön!
    Sonnige Grüße,
    Nina

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. OMGAWD!! This is something special!! I love your tree and your "Devil" rolled flowers - they do seem to give a cramp in your hand!! hahaha Good Luck with your GDT at WoJ I had the best time there!! Anyway I'm here to say thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us at Paper Play this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. amazing project. so real
    good luck on your dt call
    thanks for playing with us at Paperplay this week
    hugs
    céline Paperplay DT

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Huhu meine liebe Heike!
    Hast Du's rumsen hören? Bin grad vom Stuhl gefallen ;-)!! Booooaaaaah Heike..... ich bin hin & weg von Deinem Teelicht! Das ist ja ein Traum!!!! Das Du diese wundervolle Teil für Dich behalten magst, kann ich nur zu gut verstehen!
    Drücke Dir alles was ich hab für den DT-Call!!

    Sei ganz lieb gegrüßt & einen wunderbaren Tag wünsch ich Dir!!

    Katrin

    http://www.hobby-eck.de/

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. WOW!! Ein fantastisches Projekt. Absolute kreativ und wunderschön umgesetzt.
    lg
    Katharina

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wow, da hast du ja ne tolle Kreation gewerkelt.
    Herzlichen Dank für die Teilnahme an unserer STeckenpferdchenchallenge.

    Lg Uschi

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Eine ganz bezaubernde Kreation! So fein gearbeitet! Wunderschön.
    Viel Glück beim GDT
    GAnz liebe Grüße
    Andrea-Emmi41

    AntwortenLöschen