Montag, 14. März 2011

Little Mermaid has got her own treasure box now





Okay, I managed some pictures. Damn, that was war *lol*. The first picture shows you pretty clearly just how dark it is here. But just as well my camera stubbornly insisted it was bright enough to leave the flash off... nooooo, it was not. I really have to get hands down with the manual soon, I just can't figure out, how to force the flash. With my older camera it was pretty easy, but this one... mystery.

Anyway, this is a little box I made corresponding the mermaid card I showed last week. It will also go with the card, filled with little birthday goodies this afternoon.

The size is more or less A6 and it's the first box I ever build from chipboard myself, so I'm pretty proud how it turned out. I expected it to be at least a two-tries-project and hoped I wouldn't encounter more than one failure, but except for taking much longer than I thought, it went like dream.

I used Nicole's workshop to make it, since I didn't want to use any kind of liquid glue.

So, challenges... just two this time.

Hanna and Friends - Box with Spellbinders (pretty obviously the challenge that gave me the idea for this box)

Wild Orchid Craft - Dieing to punch it out (sadly I haven't used any WOC products on this project, which is a really rare thing to happen to me, but since you don't have do, I'll submit it anyway)

Recipe time

Stamp:
Kraftin' Kimmie Moonlight Whispers
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Summer Sky
Cardstock: SU Not Quite Navy / Mittelblau, white blank, Kanban glitter dots cardstock, no clue if it has a name
Design Paper: None really, I used brown packing paper for the box, hope that counts *lol*
Coloring: Copics & Spica Glitter Pens

Dies: Spellbinders, I think label 17?
Ribbon/lace: Seam binding ribbon from Crafty Ribbons, lace and this other stuff I don't know the name of from stash
Other: Stickles "waterfall"

Kommentare:

  1. Die ist so wunderschön geworden!!! Da wird sich aber jemand einen Ast freuen. *ggg*

    Vielen Dank für's Mitmachen bei Hanna and Friends.

    Liebe Grüße,
    Nicole

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Liebe Heike!

    Deine Box ist ein Traum, die kl. Meerjungfrau ist ja Zucker!

    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Hanna&Friends.

    Lg Manu

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Deine Box sieht echt toll aus.

    Vielen Dank für's Mitmachen bei Hanna and Friends.

    Liebe Grüße,
    Swantje

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Huhu liebe Heike!

    Ich hoffe sehr, Dir geht es gut??
    Deine Mehrjungfaru ist ja wieder zauberhaft!! Soooo toll coloriert!! Bin gan hin & weg von Deiner Box!!

    Ganz viele liebe Grüße und einen wundervollen Tag wünsch ich Dir
    Katrin

    http://www.hobby-eck.de/

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh so eine schöne Box! Mir gefällt sie sehr gut!

    Danke für´s mitmachen bei Hanna & Friends!

    lg Susi

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. woow ist die schööööönnnnnnn.
    Vielen Dank für's Mitmachen bei Hanna & Friends.

    Liebe Grüße Manuela

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Ja ja ja ja... und wie sie sich einen Ast freut! Meins, alles meins! Mein Schatz, ganz alleine meiner!!!
    Ganz ehrlich, Heike, Du mußt echt verrückt sein, so große Geschenke zu machen...
    Aber ich freu mich so! *hüpf* Danke, danke, danke, danke!!!
    Oh die Meerjungfrauen sind wieder so wunderwunderschön coloriert! Und dann glitzert und funkelt alles auch noch so traumhaft und... ach, ich bin sprachlos begeistert!
    Sie stehen auf meinem Schrank im Arbeitszimmer und ich muß sie dauernd anstarren, so dass mein Freund gestern schon gewitzelt hat "ich lass euch zwei dann mal alleine"... *ggg*
    Aber ich bin so stolz Deine Karte und Box zu besitzen! *freufreufreu*
    Ich danke Dir von Herzen und wünsche Dir ein traumhaftes Wochenende!
    Alles, alles Liebe, Nina

    PS: Wenn Du nicht so weit weg wohnen würdest, würd ich echt zum colorieren kommen! *lach* Kommst Du denn zum Mekka? Vielleicht treffen wir uns ja da mal, würd mich echt freuen!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. wow, what a great blog... now I´m your follower and lucky to will see more of your grandios cards and more.

    Have a nice day,
    Simi

    AntwortenLöschen