Samstag, 12. März 2011

For Your Confirmation



I used little Lucia Tilda to make a confirmation card for my goddaughter. Her confirmation will be sometime in the next couple of months (and yes, it is a sad thing that I don't KNOW when it will be, since I am JUST the godmother, but that's the wonder of estranged family for you folks).

I love it, though I don't know if she'll like it. I don't even know her favourite colour, so I went with a trend colour. You can never go totally wrong with those, can you?

I got the idea for this card, when I saw a card on Rach's blog a while back and the tutorial can be found at Pam's blog.
I adjusted it just a bit, because I'll use the backside for text instead of the inside and since my card wouldn't keep standing properly, I used force *lol*



Good thing I decided against using the inside, before I started sticking the design paper on it, because it started acting up AFTER I did that and I wouldn't have been all that amused if I'd decorated in the inside just to stick it together afterwards.

This card will be entering the following challenges:

The Crafty Pad - Use Ribbon

Stampin' for the Weekend - Springtime (because of the flowers and butterflies and confirmations always happen in spring)

Simon Says Stamp
- Anything Goes


I forgot to take a picture of the copics I used so let's try to get the recipe down by memory (oh dear).

Stamp: Magnolia
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Lulu Lavender, Distress Ink Frayed Burlap
Cardstock: Rayher Vanilla, Bazzill Heather, two other Bazzill cardstocks for the butterflies, but I don't know which, those were tiny scraps
Design Paper: Magnolia "White Lace", pearlescent paper for the flowers and leaves.
Coloring: Copics (Face: E000, E00, E11, E21, R20, R21; Hair: E30, E31, E34; Dress: W0, BV11, BV13, BV17, same for the flowers and bows in her hair; Leaves: YG13, YG17)
Dies & Punches: Magnolia for the flowers and leaves, Marianne Design for the flourish, Martha Stewart for the butterflies, Spellbinders for the ribbon tag, and Nellie Snellen for the purple Oval
Embellishments: 3mm white organza ribbon, 6mm white satin ribbon, both from stash, white flatback pearls 4mm, silver flatback pearls 3mm from Karin Jittenmeier. The sentiment is from Kanban

Kommentare:

  1. WOW...was für eine wunderschöne Konfirmationskarte...das Motiv ist total passend...superschöne Farben und Deatils...rundum KLASSE :0)))

    Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes WE ;0)

    Liebe Grüße
    Nicole

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hallo Heike,
    freu mich über deine begeisterte Nachricht bei mir. Die Treppe bleibt an Handlauf und Stufen braun, der Rest wird weiß. Hoffentlich kommt bald mal der Maler in die Pötte, hach!
    Bin das weiße Wohnen schon aus meiner Kindheit gewohnt, da meine Mutti auch alles weiß wollte. Früher hatten doch die "Muttis" Kittelschürzen an, da hatte meine schon Arztkittel getragen, halt weiß, lustig, gell? Die meisten alten Möbel sind auch von ihr, in ihrem weiß.
    Aber, Farbe und Pinsel machen es überall möglich ;)
    Liebe Grüße von Dana

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ich kann eigentlich nur eins sagen: Genial!

    LG Reni

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Your card is stunning and I am sure your Goddaughter will love it, how could she not! Thank you for sharing it with us at THE CRAFTY PAD and the best of luck. Hugs, Ali x

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps challenge! hugs,Jane x

    AntwortenLöschen