Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011

Heart Box - There is a first time for everything


EDIT: Taaadaaa, here it is, the promised sunshine picture. We were lucky though, yesterday it was dark and gloomy all day and I had to keep the lights on the whole day long.

Sorry for this horrible pictures, but it's so gloomy here. I'll edit a better non-flash one as soon as I am able to take one.



The Hanna & Friends Challenge for this week gave me the idea for this heart box. And it nearly did take me all week to make it. Today is the last day to submit it actually.
I didn't like the original heart template going with the challenge, so I chose my own. Originally I just wanted a softer, more rounded heart, nothing too fancy, mind you. But then I came across this shape and I just HAD to try it. I am such an overachiever sometimes.

This is not only my first heart shaped box ever, no more like my first box ever in general. I have loads of things I want to do an my to do list and boxes are on there more than you can count, but I never actually made one.
So, yes, of course it would make sense to chose such a template for a first try *snort*

But it came out okay. It even didn't give me too much pain on the way there. I just should have glued the ribbon and lace more thoroughly an right half of the heart, since it is gaping now, but especially with the lace it just wasn't possible without the glue showing.

Another first time for me: I am way ahead of time. While making this box I decided it would be the perfect gift for mother's day. (For anyone non German, that is what the sentiment in the upper right corner says ;o) )
Now I just have to think of something to put in there and I am all settled.

Once again there are several challenges I want to submit this little box to:

Hanna and Friends
- Heartbox

The Crafty Pad - Hearts

Cupcake Craft Challenge - I ♥ You

Papertake Weekly - Put On The Glitz

Steckenpferdchen Challenge
- Liebe

A Spoon Full of Sugar
- Anything but a card

That's it.

Recipe:

Stamp: Magnolia
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Cottage Ivy, Distress Ink Victorian Velvet
Carstock: SU Sahara Sand and Gartengrün/Garden Green, Bazill Vintage Pink, white noname
Designpaper: Magnolia
Coloring: Copics

Flower: Wild Orchid Craft
Ribbon/Lace: Crafty Ribbon Seam Binding Ribbon, lace from Wild Orchid Craft
Dies/Punches: Nellie Snellen and Magnolia
Other: Paper Doily from Little Yellow Bicycle, sentiment from Kanban, flatback pearls and rhinestones and Stickles in "pink"

Kommentare:

  1. Was Schwierigeres konntest Du für Dein Erstlingswerk wohl nicht finden, oder? *lach*
    Die Form des Herzens ist sooooo wunderschön! Ich mag das Geschwungene auch viel lieber als die "langweilige normale" Form!
    Die Coloration ist wie immer umwerfend und die stimmigen Details, besonders die traumhafte Spitze, sind einfach eine Wucht!
    Hut ab vor dieser Leistung - Deine Mutter wird sich bestimmt riesig freuen!
    Schönen Tag und liebe Grüße,
    Nina

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Beautiful project. It looks fabulous. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow, this is beautiful! Love that shape, very special. Thanks so much for joining us at THE CRAFTY PAD, hope to see you again next Sunday.

    Hugs, Ali x

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Eine wunderschöne Box! Die ist dier super gelungen!

    Die Farbwahl und Gestaltung find ich total schön!

    Danke für´s mitmachen bei Hanna & Friends!

    lg Susi

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wirklich super toll geworden!!!! Ich mag auch das geschwungene Herz sehr.

    Vielen Dank für's Mitmachen bei HaF und viel Glück für die Verlosung.

    LG
    Nicole

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Oh, wunderschön!
    Die ungleichmäßige Form des Herzchens und die Spitze...

    LG,
    Steffie

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. wow, eine traumhaftschöne Box!!!
    Die Tilda ist super coloriert.

    Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei Hanna & Friends.

    Liebe Grüße
    Swantje

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. What a gorgeous project, Heike! So elegant! Lovely image and I love the lace! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Eine außergewöhnliche Herzform und wunderschön verarbeitet
    Vielen Dank für's mitmachen bei der 9. Steckenpferdchen - Challenge

    Carola
    (Steckenpferdchen DT)

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Wunderschn ist deine Box geworden! *schmacht*

    LG
    Sonja

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Eine traumhaft schöne Box, toll coloriert und passend dekoriert.
    Danke, dass du bei unserer Steckenpferdchen-Challenge dabei warst.
    Liebe Grüße Doreen

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Gorgeous work. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Wow, deine Box ist traumhaft schön gestaltet, so toll coloriert. Danke fürs mitmachen bei der Steckenpferdchen Challenge.

    Lg.Heike

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Wunderschön! Mensch da steckt ja wirklich vieeeelll Arbeit drin...der Wahnsinn! LG Janine

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Die ist Wuuuuunderschön!!!!!!!!

    Liebe Grüsse von Di ,aus dem Steckenpferdchen DT

    AntwortenLöschen