Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2011

65th birthday - CD card variation




Tuesday was my father's 65th birthday and this is the card I made for him. I know, Magnolia is not really the first choice for any man, but I really didn't know what I should pick, since I am just shit at anything non-cute, and after I decided to give him a CD (we don't give big presents anymore), I thought this picture would go well with it (I don't own the singing Tilda yet, she would probably have been even better).
I kept the colours manly though... at least I hope so LOL. And I refrained from more or less all kinds of girly embellishments. I had to put SOMETHING on there, but I think a few brown flatback pearls and the tiniest bit of shimmer on the number won't hurt any manly pride *gg*

The picture of the inside looks really like the card is all bent and screwed... well, it's not perfect, I never can seem to achieve perfect and completely straight, but it's not bent either, that's just the perspective from which this picture was taken.

I am hoping for a few rays of real sunlight within the next couple of hours. If I get it, I will add a non-flash picture of the front. It's just not possible yet right now.

And here is what I used:

Stamp: Magnolia
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Summer Sky, Distress Ink Walnut Stain & Frayed Burlap
Cardstock: Bazzil, Neenah, unnamed white
Design Papers: Nitwit Cottage Charm Too and Mooey Christmas Solid packs
Sentiment: Kanban
Coloring: Copics (Faces: E000, E00, E11, E21, R20, R21; Hair: E30, E31, E34, E44, E47; Clothing: B91, B93, B95, W0, E44, E47, N5, N7; Shadow: W0, W1, W3), Spica Glitter Pens
Dies & Punches: Martha Stewart Flourish Punch, SU Corner Punch, Spellbinders Beaded Ovals & Dayco Chelsi Alpahbet
Embellishments: brown 3mm flatback pearls (Quixotic Paperie), white organza ribbon dyed with B91

Challenges:


Charisma Cardz
- Magic Numbers

Kommentare:

  1. Hi Heike,

    die Karte wird Deinem Pa sicher gefallen, ich finde sie total gelungen!

    Liebe Grüße Jasmin

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Huhu meine liebe Heike!

    Deine CD-Karte sieht wirklich spitze aus und wird Deinem Paps ganz sicher gefallen haben!!

    Ich hoffe Dir geht es gut????

    Wünsche Dir eine wundervolle, nicht allzu stressige Woche!

    Knuddels
    Katrin

    http://www.hobby-eck.de/

    AntwortenLöschen