Freitag, 9. Juli 2010

Shabby note board

I have so much an my to do list, but it was just too hot to do anything the last couple of weeks. One shouldn'b be sweating while sitting at the crafting table, that's just so wrong.

This week started out cooler (but that's already in the past again *sigh*) and I managed to meet a deadline with this note board:


I think this time I did get the shabby part of shabby chic right. I really like it and nearly hate to see it go *lol*. But the good thing is, I can do one for myself, so no need for me to be envious ;o)


And here a detail of the pins I made using shrink plastic. I couldn't convince my camera to properly focus on the right one, sorry for the blurry image.
I used shrink plastic for the first time and it really is a fun stuff to use, I love it. Mine shrinks a bit uneven though. You might see that the sunflower Tilda looks a bit bigger around the waist than the rest who all look a little too tall. Not sure why my shrink plastic does it, but depending on the direction you stamp the image on they turn out elongated or somewhat compressed.
Is this normal or should I get another brand of shrink plastic? Any experience anyone?

Anyway I am pretty happy with how this project turned out.

Stamps:
Magnolia
Ink: StazOn black, Distress Ink Victorian Velvet
Coloring: Prismacolors
Flowers & pin: Wild Orchid Crafts
Lace: From stash (got it from ebay)
Other: Cork note board, white wood stain, white acrylic paint, Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fence, Glimmer Mist Tattered Leather, pins

1 Kommentar:

  1. Thea are soooo cute! Die sind aber wirklich superniedlich!
    Bei mir wellt sich die Folie immer so.
    l.G. ILo

    AntwortenLöschen