Sonntag, 25. Juli 2010

Little Tilda makes a wish




I promised you no more wedding cards for at least one post and here I present you: Not a wedding card *lol*.

My grandmother asked me to make some birthday cards for her to stash away for whenever she needs one. I managed to make two before I left for my parent's on Wednesday, so this is the first one. I kept these cards a little simpler, not so many incredients than I used for the last 4-5 projects.


Stamp:
Magnolia
Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black, Distress Ink Tumbled Glass
Paper: Pearlescent cardstock, Magnolia
Coloring: Copic
Flowers & leaves: Wild Orchid Craft
Other: Doily, glimmer spray (self made), Spellbinders, Stickles

I have another one with Tilda left to show you next and after that I'll try to do some non-cute, since Tilda isn't the best choice to give to you 80 somewhat old sister for her birthday. At least this is what my mother thinks XD

Bad news from the weekend: My car didn't make it. I went to my parents, because my car had to get a new goods vehicle test certificate. But my exhaust and seemingly also my brakes didn't survive the horrible winter we had intact (damn all that salt!!) and that is a much to severe defect to get the sticker *sigh*.
See, my car is already over 13 years old, every repair might well be more expensive than what my car is worth. But a friend of ours promised me he could fix it once more and it would not cost over a 1000 Euros like I would pay at the shop, so I had to leave it behind. I'll get it back after August 16th.
I really need to start thinking up a savings plan, because I have to face reality: It's very unlikely I'll get another certificate sticker in 2012. One probably never wants to lose their first car, do they? I still remember when my mother bought it in 1997. How I convinced her that she had to take the black version (it was a limited special edition only available in black or red... the red was ugly). She already said back then that this car would be mine one day. *gg*
Well... keep your fingers crossed for my little baby.

Kommentare:

  1. I love this card that image of Tilda is beautiful so is the doily and flowers I think this colour works really well I love it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hach liebe Heike, ich bin wieder ganz hin & weg von Deiner zauberhaften Karte!!! Fantastisch!!!!

    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Katrin

    http://www.hobby-eck.de/

    AntwortenLöschen