Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2010

Fancy Coconuts





This was a quick project I could handle with my back pains, because I didn't have to work for longer than 10 minutes at a time on it before it had to dry.

I found some coconut ice cream in real coconut shells at a local store and just had to buy it *lol*. And afterwards I couldn't throw out the shells, I just had to do something with them. I added two coats of shiny lacquer on the outside and used Viva Decor Inka Gold on the inside. Those colors are made on a wax base and work well on all porose surfaces. The inside also got 2 coats of lacquer to seal the Inka Gold.

I love pearls and I thought those shells would make a beautiful way to store and display them. I bought some new necklaces just this weekend and I think the peacock colored is perfect for the green shell and the white one works really well with the purple one.

I have to keep it out of my cat's reach though. She discovered right away that this weird thing would spin if she hit it with her paw *rofl*

These shells are simple, but I think they have a great effect nevertheless.

1 Kommentar:

  1. These are really lovely, looks like a lot of work went into them, very pretty.......yes good idea to keep it away from your cat.......lol
    hugs
    Donna xx

    AntwortenLöschen