Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010

Simon Says Stamp DT Call

Die Welt hat mich wieder und meine Muse hat mich wieder, Gott sei Dank. Leider hab ich meinen ganzen Urlaub damit vergeudet, nicht richtig krank und nicht richtig gesund zu sein und meine Muse hat sich dann auch noch gedacht, daß sie das nicht mehr länger erträgt und ist zu ihrer Mutter gezogen *seufz*.
Aber als ich den DT Call für das Siman Says Stamp Team gesehen habe, hab ich sie zurück gezerrt, auch wenn sie sich schreiend, kratzend und beißend gewehrt hat, denn ich wollte mein Glück unbedingt versuchen, das ist eine meine liebsten Challanges und ich wäre unendlich gerne in diesenm Design Team, auch wenn es nicht gerade den besten Eindruck macht, daß die letzten Monate hier so überhaupt gar gar nichts los war, aber es kam halt auch echt wieder alles auf einmal.
Thema war Shabby Chic und ich hab mir dafür ein Schmuckkästchen vorgenommen, das ich jetzt wirklich schon seit Jaaahren hier stehen hatte, aber mir fiel nie was ein, was ich damit machen könnte. Ist mehr chic als shabby geworden, aber vielleicht ist das normal bei nem Schmuckkästchen *g*

Hello world, I'm BACK! And my muse returned to me as well, thank god. Sadly I spent all of my vacation being not really sick and not really healthy, which my muse couldn't take any longer, which is why she moved back in with her mother *sigh*.
But when I saw the call for the Simon Says Stamp DT I just know I HAD to drag her back even if she was screaming, clawing and biting me in the process, because the Simon challenge is one of my absolute favourites and being on this DT would be a huge dream coming true. Of course the fact that nearly nothing happened in the last few months won't make the best impression ever, but with being assimilated by HP all of November and the first week of December at work and afterwards being not sick nor really healthy for another four weeks... well you can say when it rains it pours *sigh*.
Theme of the challenge was "shabby chic", again BIG love for me, even though my work turned out more chic than shabby at the end, but it's probably because of the item I chose. This is a jewellry box I've had for ages, but I never had a smashing inspiration for what to do with it... until a few days back that is ^____^


I used white wood stain on the whole box and actually did a pretty sloppy job using it (shabby, you know). It dried up veeery evenly, doh! But there are some details where you can still see the sloppyness.
After the stain had dried I used Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick to colour the edges.
The Magnolia image was masked, colored with Prismacolor pencils, masked again and sprayed with a little shimme. There is a little tranfer shimmer from my fingers on little Tilda, but she herself is mostly shimmer free.
For the text part I used ceramic paper and Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. The text was stamped using Watermark ink.

As you can see, lots and lots of shimmer on pretty much everything, but Tilda and the text part. You can see some shimmer on there two, but that's just a little transfer from my fingers and doesn't show up this bad if you don't look at it with a camera flash *lol*.

I covered the screws on the handles with little pearls and put crotched lace on the sides. When I bought this lace it STANK, obviously a smoking household *yuck*, so I washed the lace and never came around to ironing it. To get the whole thing a little more shabby, I left it as crumbled as it was, at least on the outside.


I did straighten out the lace I put around the mirror though. I don't know if it's recognizable, but the pattern used for this lace must have been all about hearts *g*.


HERE you can see, I did a sloppy paint job, I'm so proud a little mess survived the drying process *lol*. Close up of the pearls as well.

Tons of mulberry flowers and some genuine freshwater pearls, because I am going to use this box for my pearl jewellry only and thought it would be a nice and elegant touch.

1 Kommentar:

  1. oh wow ,, what a beautiful box :-) I love this ,,, the image and coloues and all te embellies are lovely :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x

    AntwortenLöschen